OPAL™ 3D LiDAR
OPAL™ is a family of rugged, multi-purpose 3D laser scanners specifically designed for real-time applications in harsh environments. They incorporate Neptec’s patented obscurant-penetrating LiDAR technology (OPAL™ – Obscurant-Penetrating Auto-synchronous LiDAR) and are designed to operate in harsh environments where they may be subjected to significant amounts of dust, vibration, shock, and wide operating temperature ranges. The scanners can be mounted outdoors on permanent structures (e.g. towers, poles etc.) or heavy machines (like haul trucks, excavators, stacker/reclaimers, ship loaders, etc.) and do not require any special enclosures, heaters or air-conditioning.
At a glance
- Rugged 3D LiDAR sensor for real-time automation, monitoring and mapping applications
- 1540nm pulsed laser with OPAL™ technology
- Fast scanning Risley-prism design
- Up to 200,000 points-per-second data acquisition
- Various range options
- Penetrates obscurants such as dust, fog, smoke, snow with patented OPAL™ technology
- Unique, non-overlapping scan patterns (no data gaps when stationary compared to conventional spinning-head LiDAR devices)
- Tolerates significant amounts of vibration and shock
- Designed for harsh environments (IP67)
- Operating temperature range of -40° C to +65° C
- Compatible with Neptec’s 3DRi™ Software Development Kit (SDK) and API
We currently offer the OPAL-360 series, OPAL-120 series, and OPAL-ECR series of 3D LiDAR scanners:
Different performance/price options are available to match specific application requirements and budgets. For more details, please download our OPAL 2.0 brochure.
For more information please contact us.